PEEK STandard Compounds
Reinforced, filled, self-lubricating
To meet the requirements of different applications, manufacturers can adjust the properties of pure PEEK selectively by adding various additives:
- Processing aids facilitate demolding.
- Fillers and reinforcing materials increase rigidity and dimensional stability upon exposure to heat. Chopped carbon fibers are most effective for this.
- Minerals and glass microbeads also counteract the tendency to warp.
Like the base grades we also offer the standard compounds in various viscosities ranging from low to high.
The following standard compounds are available:
Higher stiffness: compounds with 30% carbon fibers:
- VESTAKEEP® 1000 CF 30, low-viscosity
- VESTAKEEP® 2000 CF 30, medium-viscosity
- VESTAKEEP® 3000 CF 30, medium-viscosity, available upon request
- VESTAKEEP® 4000 CF 30, high-viscosity
Low-warpage: compounds with 30% chopped glass fibers:
- VESTAKEEP® 2000 GF 30, medium-viscosity
- VESTAKEEP® 3000 GF 30, medium-viscosity, available upon request
- VESTAKEEP® 4000 GF 30, high-viscosity
Self-lubricating: Compounds with each 10% graphite, carbon fibers and PTFE
- VESTAKEEP® 2000 FC 30, medium-viscosity
- VESTAKEEP® 3000 FC 30, medium-viscosity, available upon request
- VESTAKEEP® 4000 FC 30, high-viscosity
THERMISCH UND MECHANISCH BELASTBAR: MIT 20 % KERAMISCHEM FÜLLSTOFF
- VESTAKEEP® 4000 CC 20, hochviskos
The following illustration serves as guide for selecting a grade in terms of the flowability of VESTAKEEP® PEEK compounds. It shows how injection pressure affects the flow length of the standard grades.
The values were obtained at a mold temperature of 180°C and at a processing temperature ranging from 360 to 400°C. The results are based on a flow spiral of 6 by 2 mm.