the Answer to Rising Demands
VESTAKEEP® PEEK for Automotive
With its outstanding tribological properties and temperature stability, VESTAKEEP® PEEK makes its contribution to performance and lightweight design as a metal substitute in automotive engineering.
For more than 50 years, Evonik has been a reliable partner to the automotive and supply industry, especially when it comes to turning innovative ideas into new products and system solutions. Our success is built on a range of highly successful construction materials and many years of experience, which ensure that we can always select the right material for your application.
VESTAKEEP® PEEK is distinguished by the sum total of its unusual properties. The following ones are especially important for automotive applications:
- high mechanical strength combined with high impact strength
- resistance to high and low temperatures
- Good abrasion resistance and a low coefficient of friction
- excellent chemical resistance
- low moisture absorption combined with very low thermal expansion
- Freedom from corrosion and weight reduction